Known as the Land of Fire and Ice, Iceland compels visitors with its endless natural beauty of volcanic and glacial vistas. On this fully escorted Platinum DreamTrip*, you’ll traverse the famed Ring Road — a highway covering most of Iceland — as well as the popular Golden Circle route to discover some of the country’s most epic sightseeing spots. From the comfort of a coach bus, you’ll glimpse the untouched scenery of the tundra and subarctic. At times, the highway is flat and wide with farmers’ fields stretching far into the distance. Then, the road turns bumpy and narrow as you approach quaint fishing villages and quiet mountain towns. The bus makes frequent stops so you won’t miss a thing! Walk around, snap some pics or just enjoy the fresh crisp air.
Each day brings new adventures — and surprises — along the way! Marvel at immense stretches of icy white glaciers, verdant valleys, ancient lava fields and black-sand beaches. Climb a volcano crater, hike a trail in a UNESCO-protected national park and traverse a surreal lava labyrinth. You’ll come across cascading waterfalls, serene glacial lakes, bubbling geysers and majestic coastal shorelines. If you’re lucky, you may even encounter seals, foxes, reindeer and wild horses. Stop to soak in hot springs, and stroll through a museum or two.
A photographer’s inspiration, an adventurer’s bucket-list journey, an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca, or a geologist’s dream — whatever the reason, Iceland captivates all who visit.
*Please see Itinerary and Additional Information sections for further details on this extensive coach bus tour.
What we love:
• Built in 1834, the Vidimyri church is an excellent example of old Icelandic architecture with its sod roof and wooden walls; some artefacts inside the church date to the 17th century.
• Besides being a place to socialize, hot-spring baths claim to offer various health benefits, including improved circulation, pain relief and mental relaxation.
• According to Icelandic folklore, Dimmuborgir is the place that connects directly to the underworld because of its landscape of ominous rock formations and caves where mischievous trolls may live.
• Throughout the world, Reynisfjara is known as one of the top non-tropical beaches due to its rugged beauty of towering sea stacks, gapping cave mouths and waves crashing on its black-sand beach.
• To maximize your enjoyment, download the DreamTrips™ app to access DreamTrips Local — then earn points on dining, entertainment, spa experiences & more at select spots recommended by DreamTrippers just like you!